On this episode Ian & Kyle interview Evan Stanley, veteran Sonic creator and future lead writer for IDW’S Sonic the Hedgehog!
Patreon Perk – Jump to the Q&A: 26:38
- Ian “BumbleKing” Flynn – Head writer of Sonic the Hedgehog comics for IDW Publishing and Mega Man for Archie Comics, also writing for Archie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more
- Kyle “KyleJCrb” Crouse – Founder & Administrator of the KNGI Network, host of the Nitro Game Injection video game music podcast
- RSS Feed for podcast apps and readers
- Check out BumbleKing Comics and the KNGI Network
- Like BumbleKing Comics & KNGI on Facebook
- Follow @BumbleKast, @IanFlynnBKC & @KyleJCrb on Twitter
- Get some BumbleGear at the BumbleStore
Original music in this episode composed by Ken “coda” Snyder, used with permission – Check out his music on Bandcamp
Special Thanks to our friends at Noise Channel! Pay what you want for the theme song and more great music as part of their charity compilation Noisechan & Nugget: Adventures in Chiptunes
Want to have your product promoted on the show? Check out the Patreon site to find out how!
Want to ask us a question? Ask at:
- Twitter at @BumbleKast
- Email bumblekast [at] yahoo [dot] com
- YouTube comments
- Patrons can post on Patreon – https://patreon.com/bumblekast
During the Iron Dominion Saga, most pacifically, the Journey to the East Arc in Sonic Universe, Espio was revealed to be a member of the Shinobi Clan and may or may not be in relation to the clan’s leader, the Bride of Constant Vigil. Was this particular backstory for Espio a personal head-canon of yours that you integrated into the comics or is your head-canon for Espio’s backstory something else entirely?
did Shard take any design cues from robot master aesthetics? I know he had the arm canon as ‘Metal 2.0’ way back when, but the way his limbs were drawn always looked very Mega Man to me.
Are there any plans for more Cosmo after Mighty Martian #5? I just finished it, and I need more! Also, does Super Duck exist in the same world as the older series, or is it an alternate future?
I was just curious & was wondering if you’re able to elaborate or not (& sorry if this seems like an old topic), why was Infinite’s backstory not explored a bit more in his mini comic for Sonic Forces? More so than just “he wants to see the world burn,” well, to me it seemed, at least. Were you not able to tell more of his story because you weren’t given enough info or was told not to tell too much just in case it may have contradicted the game/needed to follow some guidelines? Or also might have been where you were limited to 4 pages?
Why would anyone who fought the Deadly Six before send a robot to fight the Deadly Six?
So Ian, Dr. Wily want to rule the world, but exactly what would a world ruled by Dr. Willy be like exactly? Unlike Eggman, who wants to rule the world due to him believing the planet can be improved with his machines, Willy seems to just want to be recognized for his genius. So would a world ruled by Dr. Willy be a terrible place to live in?