Talkin’ Sonic and anime – par for the course on the BumbleKast!
- Ian “BumbleKing” Flynn – Head writer of Sonic the Hedgehog comics for IDW Publishing and Mega Man for Archie Comics, Narrative Director for Rivals of Aether, writing for Archie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more
- Kyle “KyleJCrb” Crouse – Founder & Administrator of the KNGI Network, host of the Nitro Game Injection video game music podcast
- RSS Feed for podcast apps and readers
- Check out BumbleKing Comics and the KNGI Network
- Like BumbleKing Comics & KNGI on Facebook
- Follow @BumbleKast, @IanFlynnBKC & @KyleJCrb on Twitter
- Get some BumbleGear at the BumbleStore
Original music in this episode composed by Ken “coda” Snyder, used with permission – Check out his music on Bandcamp
Special Thanks to our friends at Noise Channel! Pay what you want for the theme song and more great music as part of their charity compilation Noisechan & Nugget: Adventures in Chiptunes
Want to have your product promoted on the show? Check out the Patreon site to find out how!
Want to ask us a question? Ask at:
- Twitter at @BumbleKast
- Email contact [at] bumblekast [dot] com
- YouTube comments
- Patrons can post on Patreon – https://patreon.com/bumblekast
For Ian, the man who usually has a plan
Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds. Are “Super” and “Blazing” forms respective to each particular type of shiny magic rock? If Sonic were to use the Sol Emeralds to transform, would he become Burning Sonic? Would he be pink? In the inverse situation, if Blaze used the Chaos Emeralds, would she become Super Blaze? Would she be yellow?
I need to know for.. reasons.
While you were planning on doing a Lost World adaptation in the Archie Comic before it was cancelled, have you already asked SEGA how Eggman discovered the Lost Hex to begin with, or would’ve your adaptation of Lost World have your own interpretation/head-canon theory on how Eggman discovered the Lost Hex? And have you also asked SEGA why the Deadly Six desire to destroy Sonic’s world?
Hypothetical situation for both of you: the trickster god Jon Gray comes to you and whilst completely failing to hold in his maniacal laughter, gives you the power to move one classic Sonic character into the modern cast, and one modern character into the classic cast. Who do you choose to swap around?
I’m currently trying to get a World Bible together for a project I’m on. Looking at how Drogune is getting together and your work on the Sonic and Mega Man series, Do you have any suggestions/tips/templates one could use to make sure they don’t accidentally trip on their own lore?
Blue Mickey Mouse
How much can Tails bench?
Besides Super Sonic, Super Shadow, Super Silver and Burning Blaze; what transformations would you like to see return in games of other medias?
Andrew D backlog blowout
-Was Dr. Starline and his name based on the glitch character Wechnia and his in-game name of (ten * characters) since it is basically a line of stars?
-What are some other classic public domain stories you would like to see for future Storybook Series entries?
– How would you incorporate or explain modern characters appearing in classic stories?
– Would you happen to know if Sega owns Shade or Anti-Sonic/Scourge?
If bunnie were to come back in idw would write her getting her abilities from being victim of this universes form of roboticization , or other source?
If another sonic character were to arrive to Smash who would that character be?
Hey guys, in your brutally honest opinion, do you think pontac and graff are bad writers? Or do you think the fandom puts too much blame on them?
In the previews of Sonic Bad Guys #3 we see Starline type some kind of password into his computer, I was wondering if you could tell us what Starline’s password is
What anime would sonic crossover with? DBZ, One Piece, My Hero Academia.
Frost the White Lion
Does Amy and Silver have some kind of Super Speed in their own way? What are your thoughts if Sonic’s friends are fast in their own way or not?
Has IDW ever thought about doing spotlight issues for Sonic akin to the many spotlight issues Simon Furman did for the Transformers in its early runs?