Welcome! This is the outline of information for the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time arrangement album. This album project is being directed by KyleJCrb, who you can contact directly at [email protected], via the username KyleJCrb on The Shizz forums, KNGI forums, OverClocked ReMix forums, or as a message to Kyle Crouse on Facebook. There are also some forums set up here for all artists who make a claim on a track. To gain access, you must have a KNGI forum account and contact Kyle to be granted permission to access the forum.
This album project is intended to arrange the music of the arcade/SNES game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (or SEGA Genesis game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist, if you prefer ) in a high-energy rock or metal style, similar to Contra 4: Rocked ‘n Loaded. To make your claim on a track, please contact KyleJCrb using the contact info provided above. Artists can claim as many tracks as they believe they can handle, and claims can be made by multiple artists on one track. However, if someone has selected a track you want, please try to select another as the intent of this album is to remix all of the main themes featured on the soundtrack. If you still desperately want to cover a track that’s been selected by someone else, talk to Kyle about it. You can listen to the music for this game using the SPCs available at SNESMusic.org or via these YouTube playlists. (1, 2 )
Tracklist – artist name:
1. Turtle Power – Alan Grant & The Velociraptors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQGIw4KxD4 )
2. Big Apple, 3 A.M. – Sixto Sounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0e69e_B_SE )
3. Alleycat Blues – Omigadrive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2oRKfMq2w )
4. Back in the Sewers [Hyperstone Heist] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGHoP_iIMfw )
5. Sewer Surfin’ – Monobrow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKnlzYwVz4 )
6. Outside Shredder’s Hideout [Hyperstone Heist] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgfg8iThOo0 )
7. Technodrome: Let’s Kick Shell! – Sixto Sounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtOFsZk1CX8 )
8. Going Up – ergosonic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEUS0j-drPs )
9. Inside Shredder’s Hideout [Hyperstone Heist] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THAb2CqT274 )
10. Climactic Battle – DusK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpbGUOYhwIA )
11. Prehistoric Turtlesaurus – Chernabogue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHkBC24Ing )
12. Skull & Crossbones – Stemage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiwnjbU7XM )
13. Bury My Shell at Wounded Knee – LuketheXjesse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu-F_OiPn1g )
14. Neon Night-Riders – Do A Barrel Roll! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqRl_K2MrBw )
15. Star Base: Where No Turtle Has Gone Before – Sixto Sounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmhv4ZYmiY )
16. Technodrome: The Final Shell Shock – Do A Barrel Roll! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX77OxBwhY4 )
17. Try Harder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAJkwve0644 )
18. Sparring Match (Versus ) – GaMetal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lOE97195s )
19. Eye of the Turtle – Winner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewoWEtR-Ec )
20. Flying High (Pizza Power ) – Mutherpluckin’ B (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_ujltdsw )
21. High Score Display [Hyperstone Heist] – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfwlwXJVP9w
22. Thanks For the Memories – Do A Barrel Roll! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa-wPZnXrI )
Medleys and other tracks not listed here: The ultimate goal of this project is to arrange every major source tune of the game. However, if you are interested in doing a medley of multiple tracks or arranging a track not featured on this list, such as one of the jingles or other short songs from the game, get in contact with Kyle about it and let him know what you want to do. If you’d like to include small cameos of other songs in your arrangement (either from other areas of the TMNT4 soundtrack or from other TMNT games altogether, for example ) feel free!
Arrangement creativity: You can be as creative as you like. Feel free to throw in solos and any other creative arrangement ideas you have, or take a source in a different direction from what might be expected. Have some fun with it! The only caveat is that your arrangement must ROCK. That shouldn’t be too difficult, right?
Check-in Date Schedule:
These dates are tentative and could change at any time. First work in progress check-in date will not occur until February 6th, 2012 due to the upcoming holidays and events such as MAGFest happening in December and January. After that, check-in dates will become more frequent. All final lossless submissions (either as .wav or .flac ) must be sent by April 16th, 2012. If I do not receive updates in the form of a WIP version of your arrangement and you haven’t contacted me prior to a scheduled check-in date, there is the possibility that you may be cut from the project. I will send out personal messages periodically regarding status updates and as reminders of upcoming check-in dates. If there is a problem with your ability to meet these dates or have some other questions or concerns, please let me know. The ultimate release goal is May 2012.
You are free to begin work and send me anything you’re working on at any time prior to these dates. If you want to start immediately, you’re more than welcome to do so!
First check-in date: February 6th, 2012
Second check-in date: March 5th, 2012
Third check-in date: March 26th, 2012
FINAL TRACKS DUE: April 16th, 2012
Tentative release: May 2012