Versus Month stretches the definition of what a “month” is and carries on with a question that has raged through the ages: who would win in a battle between robots and vampires? NGI finally answers that question as Kyle is joined by OverCoat this week, filling in for the absent Larry and almost absent Slider. The two check out music from One Must Fall, Turrican 3, Armored Core 4, BlazBlue, Darkstalkers, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and more!
Originally this was slated to be the last round of Versus Month, but with the results of the voting now playing into the KNGI Game Duels EPs, there will be a sixth battle next week. You won’t want to miss the epic confrontation of Demons vs. Dinosaurs!
Since Slider was missing for most of the show, Otakatt filled in and provided the art challenge for this week: Robots vs. Vampires!
Vote in the poll on the sidebar for which side you think defeated the other this week!
1. VikingGuitar – OMFG! (arrangement of ‘Main Theme’ from One Must Fall 2097 [PC] :: vikingguitar.bandcamp.com/album/made-of-metal )
2. goat – Crossfire (medley arrangement of music from Probotector (Contra ) [NES] :: castlegoat.blogspot.com/ )
3. Random Hero – The Angels of Hell (arrangement of music from Cave Story [PC] :: ocremix.org/remix/OCR02154/ )
4. Tommy Tallarico – Future Shock (original work from The Terminator [SEGA CD] :: vgmdb.net/album/1984 )
5. Naoto Tanaka, Naoya Kamisaka, Takuya Miyawaki – Burn Dinorex Stage (Original work from Mega Man X4 [PS1] :: vgmdb.net/album/256 )
6. Chris Hülsbeck – Turrican 3 (medley arrangement of music from Turrican 3 [Amiga] :: vgmdb.net/album/4337 )
7. Mattias Häggström Gerdt, Deia Vengen – RAY of Speed (arrangement of ‘Speed’ from Armored Core 4 [XB360/PS3] :: answer.ocremix.org )
8. Jun Senoue – BOSS BATTLE : DEATH EGG ROBOT (original work from Sonic Generations [XB360/PS3/PC] :: vgmdb.net/album/29979 )
9. Shnabubula – Dwelling of Doom (arrangement of ‘Dwelling of Doom’ from Castlevania II: Dracula’s Curse :: shnabubula.bandcamp.com/album/nes-jams )
10. A.S.H. – Haven’t You Got Eyes In Your Head? (original work from Guilty Gear XX [Arcade] :: vgmdb.net/album/1172 )
11. Randy Brown – Vincent (arrangement of ‘Vincent’ from Final Fantasy VII [PS1] :: vgmdb.net/album/1588 )
12. Daisuke Ishiwatari – Queen of rose (original work from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger [XB360/PS3] :: vgmdb.net/album/10946 )
13. Robin Beanland – Bats (original work from Conker: Live and Reloaded [XBOX] :: vgmdb.net/album/440 )
14. Hideki Okugawa – DEMITRI Stage [Romania] (original work from Darkstalkers [Arcade] :: vgmdb.net/album/2438 )
15. Jake “virt” Kaufman – Sanguine Nightmare (original work from Bloodrayne: Betrayal [XBLA/PSN] :: virt.bandcamp.com/album/bloodrayne-betrayal-official-soundtrack )
16. Sir NutS – Total Eclipse of the Sun (arrangement of ‘Heat Man Stage’ from Mega Man 2 [NES] and ‘Shade Man Stage’ from Mega Man 7 [SNES] :: ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34694 )
17. Demetori – UN Owen Was Her? (arrangement of music from Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil [PC] :: vgmdb.net/album/30700 )
BACKGROUND MUSIC PLAYLIST:
1. Hidenori Maezawa, Kazuki Muraoka - Area 3: Waterfall (Probotector [NES] )
2. Geoff Follin, Tim Follin - Level 1 (Truck Stop ) (Terminator II [NES] )
3. T.”Anie”.N, Yuk, Krsk, V-Tomozoh, Kan, Apple Z, More Rich, Narinari, Ippo – Burst Man Stage (Mega Man 7 [SNES] )
4. Kenichi Matsubara - The Silence of The Daylight (Town Stage BGM ) (Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest [NES] )
5. T.”Anie”.N, Yuk, Krsk, V-Tomozoh, Kan, Apple Z, More Rich, Narinari, Ippo – Shade Man Stage (Mega Man 7 [SNES] )
6. Hidenori Maezawa, Jun Funahashi, Yukie Morimoto - Demon Seed (Block-7 ) (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse [NES] )
7. Jake “virt” Kaufman – Kagan (NES Version ) (Bloodrayne: Betrayal [XBLA/PSN] )